School Group rates are available for most productions including:
ALADDIN- The Gaiety Panto: November 2019 – January 2020
Group rates from €17 – €20.50 for the 11:00am morning shows on the following dates:
- Tuesday 26th (best availability) and Friday 29th (limited availability)
December (limited availability on all 11am shows in December)
- Tuesday 3rd/Wednesday 4th/Thursday 5th/Friday 6th
- Monday 9th/Tuesday 10th/Wednesday 11th/Thursday 12th
Group rates from €25.75- €34.75 for the evening and weekend shows
Teachers tickets are complimentary
ASKING FOR IT: 9th October – 26th October 2019
This award-winning production comes to The Gaiety from 9th October for a limited run.
- Group rates from €14.50 , teachers tickets are complimentary.
- Wednesday matinees 16th and 23rd October available.
- Group Discount €5 off per ticket on Monday-Thursday evening shows.
- School Study Packs also available.
Asking for It shines an unflinching light on the experience of a young woman whose life is changed forever by a horrific act of violence. One night in a small town in Co. Cork, where everyone knows everyone, things spiral terrifyingly out of control. What will happen now? – to Emma? To her family? To the others?
THE LIEUTENANT OF INISHMORE: 27th January – 22nd February 2020
Thursday matinees 2:30pm – Group Tickets from €14
Oscar Award-winning director and playwright Martin McDonagh’s work is known and loved by both theatre and film audiences alike (In Bruges, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri). Audiences flocked to see The Gaiety Theatre production of The Cripple of Inishmaan last spring.
On a lonely road on the island of Inishmore, someone killed Mad Padraic’s cat. He’ll want to know who did it when he gets back from a stint of torture and chip-shop bombing in Northern Ireland. He loves his cat more than life itself, and someone is going to pay. Set in the 1990s, The Lieutenant of Inishmore is a clever satire on terrorism, the beautification of violence in contemporary culture and a hilarious farce in true McDonagh fashion.
BOOKING INFORMATION FOR SCHOOLS
Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (excluding bank holidays)
Phone: +353 (0)1 646 8687
Tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Wheelchair-accessible seats are limited to four per performance. Once your booking has been processed you will be issued with an invoice detailing the final payment schedule and seat allocation.
Guidelines for School Groups
The following information is intended to clarify The Gaiety Theatre policies, prevent any last-minute problems you may encounter with your booking and help make your visit to The Gaiety Theatre as enjoyable as possible.
Getting Ready for your Visit
- Full payment is required 8 weeks in advance of the performance date you are attending.
- Refund Policy: we appreciate that parents often request refunds when their child is unable to attend The Gaiety Theatre for a variety of reasons. We would like to remind all customers that The Gaiety Theatre has a strict no refunds policy.
The Day of your Visit
- Individual tickets must be distributed to your students prior to arriving at the theatre in order to alleviate congestion at the entrance door and avoid delays. To enter the theatre every individual must have their own ticket.
- Please make sure that your group arrives at least 30 minutes before the performance is scheduled to begin. Late arrivals delay the curtain and your group may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance or the interval.
- Please ensure adequate supervision for your students. The Gaiety Theatre provides one complimentary ticket for a teacher for every 10 students for certain productions. We ask that you remain in the auditorium during the performance and sit among your students.
- Mobiles phones must be switched off.
- Out of courtesy for both performers and fellow theatre-goers please discuss house etiquette with your students before attending The Gaiety Theatre:
- Please deposit all rubbish in the bins provided.
- Please visit the bathroom before the show or during the interval rather than during the performance.
- No talking or whispering during the performance as this is distracting for the performers on stage.
- No photography/recording is allowed in the auditorium.
- Please be aware of the noise made by crisps, sweet wrappers, etc., as this may disturb other patrons.
- Please do not hesitate to alert an usher if you are disturbed by noise from other groups.
Group Sales +353 (1) 646 8687 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org